This facility recognizes the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Please be assured that we are taking all appropriate steps to mitigate the spread of coronavirus and to protect our patients and staff members. For the protection of our patients and staff we are, to the extent possible taking precautions recommended by state and federal agencies. Please consider the safety of our patients and staff before visiting the facility. Thank you.
Job Summary: The Wound Nurse is responsible for providing wound care to the residents. Such care must be delivered in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services designee.
Job Functions: Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluates, measures, and stages all pressure/vascular ulcers and wounds upon or within 24 hours of development, admission/readmission or the next schedule work day
- Coordinates and conducts wound rounds. Completes documentation in the medical record and provides a summary report to the Director of Nursing.
- Communicates the status of wounds when treatment measures require re-evaluation due to non-healing, deterioration and/or improvement.
- Performs wound treatments/surgical dressings as needed evaluate current status or as necessary to provide continuity with resident wound management.
- Makes resident rounds, observes and monitors care rendered by nursing assistants and Licensed Staff; provide staff with orientation training and on-going guidance and support related to wound and skin breakdown prevention and management and infection prevention and control measures.
- Provides ongoing and periodic individual and group staff education regarding the prevention of skin breakdown, wound treatment measures and infection control, in concert with the Nursing Management and Staff Development.
- Review MDS documentation, care plans and nursing documenting for accuracy as assigned.
- Works as part of health care team to evaluate resident needs, plan and modify care in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team, participates in the implementation of interventions and assists other licensed nurses and nursing assistants in an effort to provide optimal and quality care and services.
Related keywords: nurse practitioner, wound care nurse, rn, registered nurse, lpn, nurse, lvn, wound care
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $67,000.00 per year